My name is Olivia Nelson. I am a person who’s mind works in the form of bullet points, so let me make a list of things that you should know about me. I am:
- An Editing and Publishing major (as of September 2019)
- Working on getting enough education and work experience to become a successful editor– freelance or (fingers crossed) working with Deseret Book editiors
- A Spanish language teacher at the Missionary Training Center
- An engaged woman who is in love with her fiancé
- Always adding to or creating playlists for every mood, feeling, time, and/or moment on Spotify
- A words person– anything with words is appealing to me
- Books, music lyrics (Coldplay especially), movie scripts, poems, stories, compliments… you name it
- The oldest child in my family with four younger brothers #brothersrule
- Dreaming of ways to return to Barcelona, Spain to visit my mission areas
- Not interested in cutting my long hair. It’s too fun to play with and you can often find me fiddling with it in my fingers when I’m nervous
- An outdoors person. I would much rather be doing something outside than inside.
- A friend. I enjoy meeting new people and being friendly to everyone
I hope that this blog can be a space where I can put my thoughts and creativity about the various readings for my DIGHT 215 class in addition to whatever else might come to mind!